Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana – The Seed Connect – Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana Can you buy marijuana seeds in Montana? Find out the latest legalities and whether the climate in the Treasure State is best for indoor or outdoor yields. Learn everything you need to know about cannabis laws, cannabis culture, and where to buy the best cannabis seeds in Montana in 2022.
Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana
At The Seed Connect, you can buy cannabis seeds in Montana — the treasure state having rich deposits of gold, silver, lead and home to giant grizzly bears.
You can add one more thing to that list— legal cannabis.
Yes, in Montana, cannabis lovers can have their weed gardens as long as they grow the required number of plants as per the law.
You are not yet ready to cultivate if you don’t have the various facts about starting your weed garden.
This guide will show you the best seed strains, local laws, and how to grow your cannabis from seed.
Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana
Purple African Magic Seeds
Extra Free Seeds
Black Mamba Feminized seeds
Seed Connect Stickers
Auto Chem Cookies Seeds
Auto Apple Banana Autoflower Seeds USA
Auto Northern Lights Seeds
Wedding Cake Auto Seeds
Is marijuana legal in Montana?
Yes, it is. A long-awaited moment arrived with the Montana 1-190 Marijuana Legalization Initiative (2020)
The Montana House of Representatives introduced House Bill 701, which was voted on and passed into law.
This bill led to the legalization of recreational marijuana in Montana, and it also reduced the restriction of marijuana laws that were already in place.
For you to stay on the right side of the law, you must know what can keep you there.
Read along the laws stated below.
Cannabis laws in Montana
Montana I-190, Marijuana Legalization Initiative summary;
Adult usage and possession
- Initiative 1-190 legalized the possession and use of one ounce or less of marijuana or 8 grams or less of marijuana concentrate by persons over the age of 21. The ballot initiative allowed persons over the age of 21 to grow no more than four marijuana plants and four seedlings for personal use in their residence, as long as the plants are within an enclosed area with a lock and beyond public view.
- Consuming marijuana or being under the influence of marijuana remained illegal while driving, flying an aircraft, or boating. Smoking marijuana is illegal in public places and open spaces.
- I-190 also provided that employers can prohibit marijuana use on the employer’s property and enforce disciplinary action on employees for violations.
- Montana residents are allowed to possess, use, and grow marijuana on January 1, 2021. The initiative’s resentencing and expungement provisions also took effect that day.
Marijuana regulation: Regulation of marijuana production and sales
The Montana Department of Revenue became responsible for regulating the cultivation, manufacture, transport, and sale of marijuana in Montana. I-190 required the department to develop regulations to do the following:
- establish and maintain a registry of persons who receive licenses;
- issue endorsements for manufacturing to an adult-use provider or an adult-use marijuana-infused products provider;
- conduct criminal history background checks before issuing licenses;
- make a licensing application available and begin accepting them by January 1, 2022;
- publish the names of all license holders and the relevant local jurisdiction on the department’s website;
- ensure that all marijuana products are not sold to any person under the age of 21, excluding those with medical marijuana licenses;
- require a government-issued ID to purchase marijuana and require stores to check the ID for proof of age;
- require marijuana must be placed in child-resistant packaging on exit from a marijuana establishment;
- prohibit licensed retailers from advertising marijuana in any medium;
- prohibit marijuana establishments from using false or misleading packages or labels;
- require “labeling standards that protect public health by requiring the listing of pharmacologically active ingredients;” and
- enforce potency and quality standards for marijuana products.
Marijuana licenses and establishments: Licenses for marijuana establishments
- Under I-190, the Montana Department of Revenue was authorized to issue licenses to marijuana dispensaries and marijuana providers.
- The licenses for marijuana providers and dispensaries were set to authorize the licensee to cultivate, manufacture, possess, sell, and transport marijuana.
- Marijuana providers needed to prove they are Montana residents, provide identification forms, be fingerprinted for a background check, provide the address of the cultivation site, and pay a fee to apply for a license.
- The department was set to issue licenses according to a 10-tiered system based on the size of the premises. The department would be authorized to add tiers.
- Providers needed to verify that they are producing and selling the minimum amount according to the size of their premises before moving up a tier.
- All licenses needed to be laminated and indicate whether a provider is also a manufacturer.
- The department would begin accepting licensing applications by January 1, 2022. Applications would need to be approved within 90 days for new licenses and within 30 for renewed licenses.
- If the department does not act within that timeline, it must reduce the licensing fee and allow the renewing licensee to continue to operate until the application is acted on. Before approving an application, the department would need to complete an inspection of the applicant’s premises.
- For the first 12 months of accepting applications, the department was set to authorize to license providers and dispensaries in good standing with the department of public health and human services that already are licensed to sell medical marijuana.
- Licenses would need to renew their licenses annually.
- The state laboratory became responsible for licensing testing facilities where the chemicals of marijuana and marijuana-infused products would be tested for contamination before the products could be sold.
- Licensed test facilities would be permitted to possess, test, and transport marijuana.
Marijuana taxation: Taxes levied on marijuana
Marijuana and marijuana-infused product sales would be taxed at 20% of the retail price. The tax would be separate from any additional state and local sales taxes that may apply to the sale. Marijuana tax revenue was set to be allocated into the newly created marijuana compensation state special revenue account that would deposit revenue funds to; wildlife, parks, and recreation, drug addiction treatment, services and assistance for all Montana veterans, local authorities regulating marijuana, a wage increase to health care workers who provide direct service.
Legal penalties: Penalties for violating the initiative’s provisions
The following are the legal penalties for violating the initiative’s provisions:
Cultivation of marijuana for personal use within a public view or outside a locked enclosed area
• Violation: Civil fine not exceeding $250 and forfeiture of the marijuana
Smoking marijuana in a public place
• Violation: Civil fine not exceeding $50
For persons under the age of 21, possession, use, transportation, or sharing of 1 ounce or less of marijuana
• Violation option 1: Civil fine not to exceed $100
• Violation option 2: Up to 4 hours of drug education or counseling
For persons over the age of 21, possession and delivery of more than one ounce but less than two ounces of marijuana in a concentrated form
• First violation: Civil fine not exceeding $200 or completing up to 4 hours of community service
• Second or subsequent violation: Civil fine not exceeding $300 or completing up to 6 hours of community service
• Third or subsequent violations: Civil fine not exceeding $500 or completing up to 8 hours of community service
Resentencing and expungement: Resentencing and expungement of certain marijuana-related crimes
Buy Cannabis Seeds in Montana
What are the legalities surrounding Montana marijuana seeds? The legislation surrounding cannabis use in the US is changing on a daily basis. With more and more states legalizing marijuana, it’s essential to stay on top of things.
With many states making leaps and bounds in fully legalizing marijuana, users hope that America will soon allow weed across the board.
Marijuana seeds in Montana and recreational weed use have recently been added to the constitution. It doesn’t mean you’re free to light up when and where you want, though.
We’ll guide you through all the ins and outs of ganja consumption, possession, and propagation to keep you on the right side of the law.
Let’s jump right in.
Is it Legal to Buy and Grow Cannabis Seeds in Montana?
Is weed legal in Montana? In January 2021, Initiative 190 was approved by voters, legalizing the recreational use and growing of Montana marijuana seeds.
Sales are yet to begin, but the future is bright for weed lovers in the Big Sky Country, with dispensaries expected to open by 2022.
Under the current legislation, up to one ounce is acceptable for both use and possession in the Treasure State, with penalties for those caught with more ganja than the allowable limits. Below are the current laws surrounding cannabis possession in this north-western state.
|less than 1oz.||None||None||None|
|1–2oz. (first offense)||Civil infraction||$200||None|
|1–2oz. (second offense)||Civil infraction||$300||None|
|More than 2oz.||Felony||$45,000||5years|
Can you buy marijuana seeds in Montana? The best way to get hold of weed for casual use at the moment is to buy feminized seeds online and produce your own buds. You’ll stay one step ahead of the rest and ensure yourself a steady supply of your favorite smoke.
The state laws allow medicinal users to grow weed at home. You’ll be able to cultivate up to eight plants per household, with four mature and four seedlings at a time if you possess a permit.
On the other hand, recreational smokers may grow four plants at home with two mature and two seedlings.
If you’re found to have cultivated more plants than specified above, you’ll be subject to up to a $50,000 fine and ten years behind bars.
Is it Better to Grow Indoors or Outdoors ?
In Montana, marijuana seeds grown both indoors and outdoors have their benefits depending on where you live and what results you’re expecting. It’s essential to weigh up the pros and cons before deciding on where to plant your seeds.
You may want to consider the following before starting your growing journey.
- What is my intention, and does my budget allow it? Grow tents and greenhouses are pricey, and not everyone can afford them. If you’re planning on growing long-term and would like to produce the best possible products, it may be a worthy investment to build an inside setup.
- What strain do I want to cultivate? If you have your heart set on a specific strain, you may want to consider propagating it inside to ensure you can create the best conditions possible for it to flourish. If you don’t mind which variant you farm with and would prefer to plant outside, you can choose a hardy cultivar to suit the climate in your area.
- What are the state laws? Many states require cultivators to keep their plants locked up, out of the public eye. In this case, it’s often wiser to grow in your house where you can be sure your babies are hidden from nosey onlookers.
A favorable climate in Montana means you’re free to grow your high THC seeds both indoors and outdoors without much hassle.
The weather varies in the state depending on which part of the state you live in, but overall, hot, dry summers, mild winters, and light rainfall are to be expected.
By germinating your Montana marijuana seeds in June, you’ll be exposing your crops to moderate temperatures and mild precipitation, which are ideal for them to thrive. You can expect to harvest by October, just in time for the cold winter months to set in.
Freezing winters with snowfall are what you need to watch out for in the Treasure State. Garden plants will need protection during these times, and you may be motivated to instead grow your shrubs indoors to steer clear of losing them.
Best strains to grow in Montana
Although growing marijuana seeds in Montana outdoors is tricky, weather-resistant strains will still fare well despite the winter dilemma with some protection. Below are some of the best garden variants.
. These tall, easy-to-grow, sativa leaning plants are a fantastic choice to start your weed garden. This variant adapts well to harsh weather conditions and is highly mold-resistant, making it an excellent outdoor strain.
If growing in the comfort of your home has appealed to your inner farmer, there are some brilliant strains that are bound to produce high-quality buds with yields that’ll knock your socks off. Let’s take a look at some of the most sought-after indoor marijuana seeds in Montana.
. A dank, spicy strain ripe for the picking will have your mouth watering in no time with its combination of popular scents. Diesel is the ultimate beginner’s strain. This variant is easy to look after and produces excellent yields.
Where to Buy Cannabis Seeds in Montana
Where can you get marijuana seeds in Montana? Weed sales for recreational use have not yet begun in the BigSky Country. The only way you can buy cannabis, for the time being, is from a registered medicinal dispensary with a marijuana card.
If you’re looking to buy weed seeds, you can find high-quality strains from the Homegrown Cannabis Co online dispensary. We’ll deliver right to your doorstep. All you need to do is browse through our extensive categories, place your order, and let us take care of the rest.
Buy Marijuana Seeds in Montana
Laws on Buying & Growing Marijuana Seeds in Montana in 2022. Growing Tips, Recommended Seed Strains, and the Best Seed Banks That Deliver to The Treasure State.
Montana is truly a diamond in the rough.
From Glacier National Park to driving along the Going To The Sun Road, there are many reasons why it’s a joy to live in Montana. However, it’s time to add an additional reason to live in Montana — legal cannabis.
That’s right, Montana legalized recreational and medical marijuana — which means you can grow a limited number of cannabis seeds at home.
If you’re ready to cultivate some green treasure in Montana — read along and discover our top-rated seed banks, recommended seed strains, local laws, and so much more.
In a Nutshell — The Legality of Marijuana Seeds in Montana
The moment Montanans have been waiting for is here — legal cannabis.
However, you must understand the legality of cannabis cultivation and consumption to stay on the right side of the law. Here’s an overview of what’s legal in Montana:
- Recreational cannabis
- Medical marijuana
- Cultivating weed seeds
- Buying marijuana seeds from a local or online seed bank
As you can see — Montanans have every right to grow their own marijuana seeds. However, there’s always more than meets the eye — so let’s dive deep on important subjects, such as how to grow cannabis seeds in Montana, which seed banks are the best, recommended seed strains, and the history of marijuana laws in Montana.
Girl Scout Cookies
Growing Cannabis Seeds in Montana
Montana is all about big nature.
However, the rugged landscape of Montana poses a few issues for marijuana cultivators. Whether you decide to grow weed indoors or outdoors, your local climate should always be considered.
In other words, you’ll need to understand when it’s best to plant cannabis seeds and other issues to be aware of. You’ll find everything (and then some) you need to know about growing cannabis seeds in Montana below.
When to Sprout Cannabis Seeds in Montana
Montana’s climate ranges from Northern Pacific Coastal to Continental. In other words, you may experience mild summers to extremely cold winters.
However, the best time to germinate cannabis seeds depends on where you live in Montana. For example, if you live in Billings — you will experience an average temperature of 60°F. On the other hand, if you live near Yellowstone — get ready for some frigid temperatures.
Therefore, it’s best to start your weed seeds after the last frost, such as late April in the warmer regions of Montana. If you live in a colder area of Montana — pop your cannabis seeds by the middle of May.
Issues to Consider When Growing Marijuana Seeds in Montana
Now, let’s take a look at the issues you may run into when growing weed seeds in Montana.
Here’s a list of speed bumps that you may come across in Montana:
- Law enforcement
- Inclement weather
- Pests and diseases
As you know, cannabis is legal.
However, cannabis laws are very clear about how many cannabis seeds you can grow and how much weed you can carry. Therefore, always be aware of plant and possession limits in the state of Montana. If you grow more cannabis seeds than allowed — you may be subject to strict penalties.
Next, thieves can be a threat while growing marijuana seeds in Montana. As long as you keep your cannabis hobby to yourself — you won’t be targeted. However, telling everyone about your cannabis seeds and crop is not a good idea.
Therefore, always add security measures to your marijuana garden — whether you grow indoors or outdoors.
Another issue to consider is inclement weather.
If you’ve never seen all four seasons wrapped into a single day — get ready for the ride of your life. Montana is known to produce heart-pounding weather — especially in the mountainous areas.
Therefore, always have a plan if your outdoor cannabis crop comes under stress from a sudden summer storm.
Last but not least is the threat of pests and disease.
Nobody wants to see spider mites or mold in the cannabis garden. However, these issues do happen — which means you need to be prepared. From organic fungicides to carefully selected seed strains with resistance — you’ll always be ready for pests and diseases if they occur.
Beware of late or early frost in Montana.
Tips for Growing Cannabis Seeds in Montana
Now, let’s go over our three top tips for growing cannabis seeds in Montana.
Buy Cannabis Seeds From a Reputable Online or Local Seed Bank in Montana
When it comes to growing the best weed in Montana — your best bet is to buy marijuana seeds from a local or online seed bank.
Seed banks are the gateway to thousands of seed strains. From limited editions to seed strains directly from the breeder — you’ll find endless options while browsing a seed bank.
However, not all seed banks are created equal.
Therefore, you must always choose a trustworthy seed bank. Whether you look at reviews or word-of-mouth — there are quite a few reputable local or online seed banks that deliver to Montana-based addresses.
Buy Cannabis Seeds for Your Regional Climate in Montana
Once you’re ready to buy cannabis seeds — it’s best to make sure that each seed strain is suitable for your local climate.
In other words — you want to buy seed strains that thrive in your environment. The last thing you want is to choose a seed strain that gives up the ghost at first sight of autumn.
Therefore, always use the filters on an online seed bank. By using search filters, you’ll easily find the perfect seed strain for your local environment.
Not only does choosing a seed strain based on your local climate increase your yield — but it’ll make you a better weed farmer at the end of the season.
Montana has mild summers and extremely cold winters. Check your local climate before starting any cannabis seeds.
Plan Your Cannabis Garden in Advance
Last but not least is to plan your cannabis garden.
Whether you grow weed seeds indoors or outdoors — you must prepare the garden before you pop any beans. Even if your cannabis seeds arrive early from an online seed bank — wait to germinate them until everything is ready.
Which Marijuana Seed Store Is the Best Option For Residents in Montana?
Now that cannabis seed cultivation is legal let’s look at which type of seed bank is best for Montanans.
Local Cannabis Seed Stores in Montana
If you want to walk out your doors and buy cannabis seeds — you can!
Now that cannabis is legal on the recreational and medical levels, you can visit a dispensary or seed bank near you and buy seeds. However, local seed banks are not known for their wide seed strain selection.
Furthermore, local dispensaries and seed banks are typically more expensive than online seed banks. Local marijuana dispensaries/seed banks are more expensive because they have a great deal of overhead — such as rent.
In either case, here is a list of top-rated local seed banks in Montana to choose from:
- Seed of Life Labs
- Garden Mother
- Holistic Releaf by Design
Remember, cannabis seed stock is not frequently replenished, which means you may not find the seed strains you’re looking for when shopping at a local seed bank in Montana.
Online Cannabis Seed Banks That Ship to Montana
If you never want to see the sold-out sign — look no further than online seed banks that deliver to Montana.
From thousands of seed strains to ultra-fast shipping, you’ll always get what you want at an online seed bank. Furthermore, our recommended seed banks that ship to Montana offer the lowest prices and best discounts.
If you’re ready to buy the best weed seeds from a trustworthy source — look no further than our top-rated online seed banks:
Whether you choose ILGM or MSNL Seed Bank — you’ll always be satisfied. From thousands of positive reviews to unlimited seed strain selection, ILGM or MSNL Seed Bank has something for everyone in Montana.
Recommended Cannabis Seed Strains to Buy From Online Seed Banks and Grow In Montana
Now, it’s time to talk about our favorite seed strains to grow for the 2022 growing season in Montana.
Although summers are brief, you’ll find these seed strains that’ll perform exceptionally well in the Treasure State.
White Widow Feminized Seed Strain
When it comes to resilient seed strains — there’s nothing as rugged as White Widow.
The White Widow seed strain offers everything that a cannabis cultivator in Montana could ever ask for. From supreme cold tolerance to massive yields, the White Widow seed strain is one of our favorite performers when the going gets tough.
Furthermore, the White Widow seed strain is easy to grow, which is ideal for beginners and professionals alike. From mouth-watering terpenes to mind-blowing potency, you’ll never be disappointed with the stellar buds from White Widow.
If you’re ready to experience White Widow’s incredible traits — head over to our recommended seed banks and get a pack today!
Blue Dream Auto Seed Strain
Blue Dream Auto
The Blue Dream Auto seed strain is for those that need buds — fast.
Whether you live in Montana’s colder regions or want to produce multiple harvests within a single season, autoflowering seed strains like Blue Dream are the perfect option.
From berry-like flavors to relaxing potency, the Blue Dream seed strain pumps out ounces of gorgeous buds that’ll make you jump for joy. Furthermore, growing Blue Dream Auto seeds is a snap and recommended for beginners and commercial cultivators alike.
If you’re ready to get your indoor or outdoor cannabis garden on cruise control — look no further than the Blue Dream Auto seed strain at a participating seed bank today!
Fruity Pebbles Feminized Seed Strain
We can’t get enough of dessert seed strains, which is why we recommend Montanans to grow Fruity Pebbles seeds.
The Fruity Pebbles seed strain is filled with taste-bud-busting flavors, unbelievable aromas, and mind-blowing effects. From 20% + THC to scale-popping yields, you’ll think you hit the jackpot once you harvest the flowers from the Fruity Pebbles seed strain.
Whether you grow marijuana indoors or outdoors — the Fruity Pebbles seed strain was bred to wow everyone that experiences it. If you’re ready to indulge your sweet tooth in psychedelic delights — look no further than the Fruity Pebbles seed strain.
The History of Cannabis in Montana
The history of cannabis in Montana is relatively short.
Considering marijuana is not native to Montana but, instead, an import, it can be said that the only history that can be related to cannabis in Montana is purely based on legal proceedings.
Therefore, let’s dive into the history of cannabis laws in Montana.
Cannabis Laws in Montana
Montana is known as a fairly conservative state.
Although cannabis laws have exceeded many expectations in Montana — it’s been a long road. Continue reading below to discover the history of cannabis laws in Montana.
Marijuana-Seeds.NL – High Quality Genetics. Shipping Worldwide.
Cannabis Prohibition Begins in Montana
Cannabis became illegal in Montana in 1929.
Along with most of the United States, Montana was quick to demonize cannabis use and those who consumed it. As per American standards, minorities were targeted, and xenophobia was used to promote anti-cannabis laws.
Similar to much of the USA, Montana’s view on cannabis remained unchanged for decades.
Medical Marijuana Rises in Montana
In 2004 — a wind of change arose in Montana.
The Montana Medical Marijuana Act (Measure I 148) passed with the necessary votes and immediately went into effect.
However, conservative lawmakers in the state tried to sour the initiative by voting to repeal the Montana Medical Marijuana Act. Luckily, Montana’s acting Governor vetoed the action and kept Measure I 148 intact.
Within two years (2009-2011), medical marijuana patients in Montana rose from 2,000 to 31,000. In other words, Montanans were ready to experience the benefits of medical marijuana.
In 2016, another initiative, I-182, loosened restrictions related to possession limits and included PTSD as a valid condition. Once again, Montanans pulled through and voted in favor of I-182.
Finally, in 2017, Montana’s Department of Public Health and Human Services began using a track-and-trace system to ensure the compliance of medical marijuana producers. By this point, all medical marijuana products in Montana must pass testing to ensure the safety of medical marijuana consumers.
Here’s what a Montana medical marijuana card looks like.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana License in Montana
If you’re ready to apply for a medical marijuana license, you must visit Montana’s Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS).
Once you create an account, you may apply for a medical marijuana card. However, you must have a qualifying condition to become an MMJ cardholder in Montana.
Montana Legalizes Recreational Cannabis
Although many Montanans wouldn’t believe it — recreational cannabis was voted into law during the November 2020 elections.
Thus, Montanans 21 years and older could grow a limited number of cannabis seeds purchased from a seed bank or buy marijuana products at a local dispensary.
The Legality of Cannabis Seeds and Seed Banks in Montana
Now that Montana offers recreational and medical marijuana — it’s legal to buy, possess, and grow a limited number of cannabis seeds.
Furthermore, residents in Montana are allowed to buy cannabis seeds from local or online seed banks. Of course, online seed banks sell marijuana seeds as novelties — primarily due to federal regulations that continue to view cannabis as an illegal substance.
However, you’ll be glad to know that you will not be harassed by law enforcement for buying, possessing, or growing (limited) cannabis seeds purchased from a seed bank.